Saturday, December 18, 2010

DIY Chocolate Truffles

My photos never seem to do the food justice!

Last night we had company for dinner and I served Speedy Sausage and Bean Ragout with Crusty Bread and an easy Tossed Salad (Mescalin Greens, Almonds, Flax Seeds, Craisins, Raspberries, Sugar Snap Peas with a Poppy Seed Dressing).
For Dessert we had Jaime Oliver's DIY Chocolate Truffles. While I was making it the other day I noticed that the Dark Chocolate was a little bitter (I used 85% Cocoa Lindt Chocolate), so I drizzled White Chocolate and Butterscotch on top - that helped tone it down a bit. Needless to say dessert was DECADENT to say the least. I served the Truffles with crushed Hazelnuts, crushed Almonds, shredded Coconut and Skor bits to roll the Truffles in and my Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti to spread it on (which DID freeze well by the way). It was a exquisite and super fun dessert buffet great for a dinner party and it goes well with Red Wine, Dessert Wine, Tea or Coffee; so very versatile and can please any palate.

-Jill

Now onto next week's meal plan - it's a doozy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails