Monday, December 13, 2010

Parmesan Chicken with Posh Ham and Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti


Can you really go wrong with a meal that includes Prosciutto Ham? I personally think not. This was my first meal of my Jamie Oliver Meal Plan, I am glad this was my introduction to his style of cooking. This was so AWESOME! I served it with steamed broccoli which I just topped with Lemon Zest and Pepper and Mashed Potatoes that I topped with Grated Parmesan, so it was a nice light meal. It is also a good meal to make if you have some frustrations as Jamie tells you to beat the Chicken with a Sauce Pan- now I have a Mallet, but there is something satisfying about hitting it with a pan. :) I definitely recommend this meal!




I also felt like I had a little extra time today so decided to attempt my first try at making biscotti. I made a batch of Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti which will be served with my DIY Chocolate Truffles on Friday. I personally am not a huge fan of the incredibly hard, crunchy ones that cut your gums so I under cooked them just slightly so that they still have a tiny bit of give. I also drizzled melted White Chocolate on top and they turned out amazing! The red of the cranberries and the green of the pistachios make them festive indeed and they apparently freeze really well (I will soon find out!), but they sure tasted great fresh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails