Monday, December 13, 2010

Meal Plan ~ Week 51 - 2010

All recipes in this week's Meal Plan (except one) come courtesy of Jamie Oliver and his awesome website. It is a wealth of knowledge, recipes, products, and information on his foundation. I personally have never made any of his meals before, but I am thoroughly looking forward to the challenge and am going to give it my best try. 
Right off the bat, my first hurdle was trying to figure out one of the measurements he uses frequently; a "knob" of butter, so I "Googled" it and found this. In my meals, a knob will equal approximately 1 heaping Tbs give or take.

Monday ~ Parmesan Chicken with Crispy Posh Ham served with Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli

Tuesday ~ Bread and Tomato Soup (Pappa al Pomodoro)


Thursday ~ Mom out!

Friday ~ Company coming! Speedy Sausage and Bean Ragout served with Crusty Bread and Wild Salad & Dessert =  Amazing DIY Chocolate Truffles


Sunday ~ Fish and Chips served with Mushy Peas

Looking for a Child's weekly Lunch and Snack Idea Plan? I posted one yesterday as per a follower's request. Check it out here.

Phew! Can you believe next week's Meal Plan is going to include Christmas Dinner??? I am a lucky duck this year because even though we are hosting Christmas Dinner at our house, I am not cooking the feast. A friend will be doing all the cooking, BUT I am in charge of desserts for the 24th, 25th, 27th, 28th AND the 29th as well as Brunch for the 25th, and Appies for the 25th, and 29th!!! 
I have my work cut out for me next week for sure... I better start hunting down some good recipes. If you have any tried, true and beloved holiday recipes that you would like to share please comment on this post or drop me a line. I appreciate any ideas!

Have a great week!


For more meals plans and organizational advise visit Organizing Junkie.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jill,
    Your menu looks very good. We would love your Fish and Chips. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope it turns out as good it sounds! ;) I haven't tried making them yet...
    Have a wonderful week too! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon! I love Jamie Oliver...and his recipes too I guess ;) We've been watching all of his Christmas specials on the Food Network and drooling all the while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a tasty week for your family!
    Just dropping by to let you know that each week I feature a random blogger from the OrgJunkie MPM round up, and this week it is you!
    Stop by Spirit of Power and check it out.

    Happy Monday!
    Keri

    http://mealplan-it.blogspot.com/2010/12/meal-plan-week-51-2010.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails