Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash


So day 4 of my "Meals of Blogland" Meal Plan and this one comes courtesy of Domestically Obsessed and all I have to say is 5 words... I COULD EAT THIS EVERYDAY. Honestly I couldn't stop eating! I tested a bit of the stuffing while I was stuffing the squash to ensure I seasoned it well and I found myself eating it by the tablespoon full! And let's be honest, ANY meal that comprises of veggies stuffed into a veggie that my "veggie-phobic" son will gobble down is in top spot on my list.

I did do a couple changes - I browned the sausage prior to adding the veggies to cook. I only had plain breadcrumbs, so I used them and added my own Italian spice, along with pepper, and a little paprika (because unbeknown to my husband I am having an affair with smoked paprika and add it anywhere I can) I also grated the carrots and when my son asked what it was I told him a wee lie and said it was grated cheddar cheese. ;) And finally for sausage I used Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage and removed the casings prior to cooking.

FYI - This stuffing would also be AWESOME used as a stuffing in a bird. So versatile!

Yup, next week's meal plan may be an easy one - 7 days of Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash! ;)


Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails