Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Penne with Cheesy Tomato Sausage Sauce



Well, this is the first meal of my Betty Crocker Meal Plan that did not live up to it's "to the table" time allotment. Recipe says 25 minutes to table - we were 35 minutes, which is not horrible as I wanted to sauce to simmer a bit to blend the flavours. 

My husband had picked up hot and spicy sausage so I was worried that my son would not like the heat, so I added a little brown sugar to the sauce as well as about 3/4 Cup finely grated zucchini. The sugar was an AWESOME addition with the spicy sausage.

I found out today that our Thanksgiving weekend plans have changed and that we will be having a Ham dinner on Sunday instead of Turkey and I will be cooking a meal on Saturday... still wracking my brain as to what to cook - I was in dessert mode, now I have to shift my thinking. So I will keep you posted as to what I come up with, I'm hoping something classy yet EASY.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails