Friday, October 8, 2010

Operation "Bring Back the Snack" Update


Some of you may recall that I posted a couple weeks ago about the fact that I was hoping to reclaim some sort of healthiness to our beloved snack time.

I have rethought my plans since then and because, let's be honest, almost 3 years olds can be fickle on a good day, I don't want us to be strapped to a rigid plan. So I have decided that I will just list all my snack ideas and once a week I will try to m(b)ake one new snack recipe can can be enjoyed periodically throughout that week, or frozen for later use. I will include this snack in my weekly meal plan.

In my quest I have come across an AWESOME database of wonderfully healthy and delicious baked goods - Pattycake and a baking website to blow your mind... Joy of Baking.com both of which have NUMEROUS baking ideas, so please go check them out!

So without further ado...

Baked Goods (all served with Milk):

Roll ups, Sandwiches and Flour Tortillas:
  • Cheese Quesadilla served with Juice
  • Inside out Sandwich Roll served with Water
  • Carrot Raisin Roll up served with Water
  • Peanut Butter and Banana Wrap served with Milk
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich cut into shapes and served with Milk

Dippers:
  • 1/2 Apple Sliced and served with Peanut Butter to dip and Milk
  • Veggie Strips (Carrot, Red Pepper, Celery,) served with Tzaziki sauce to dip and Water
  • Mini Pitas served with Hummus to dip served with Water

Everything Else:
  • Cheese String, Grapes and Crackers served with Water
  • Trail Mix (Cheerios, Shreddies, Yogurt Covered Raisins, Craisins) served with Milk
  • Banana Slices topped with Peanut Butter and Raisins served with Milk
  • Yogurt mixed with Berries and served with Teddy Grahams and Water
  • Smoothie
  • Roasted Chickpeas served with Fruit Twist and Milk
  • Toasted Coconut Granola served with Milk

I hope some of these have inspired you in your own quest for healthy snacking! If you try any of these recipes, let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails