Monday, November 1, 2010

Shoyu Chicken


I'm happy I gave this a try, it's a refreshing change from the standard BBQ Chicken. The recipe is HUGE, so I cut it back by 1/2 and the proportion worked out great. I then kept half the marinade aside and made a sauce out of it to drizzle over the cooked chicken and rice. I simply cooked it in a small sauce pan and then added 1 Tbs Cornstarch to 2 Tbs Cold water, I then whisked that mixture into the saucepan and brought it to a boil until it thickened. The sauce almost tasted like a Hoisin sauce - so now I know what to mix if I find my self in a Hoisin Sauce related bind...I also had my husband grill up the steaks for our Warm Steak and Potato Salad for tomorrow night - so tomorrow's supper is halfway done already!



My son and I also completed our craft for the week: Remembrance Poppy Wreath. It turned out pretty good because I ended up doing a lot of it... He just wasn't into it and I think it's because he really did not understand exactly what it was for, granted he isn't even 3 years old yet, so it's understandable. But it made me think that maybe we will go to a Remembrance Day function this year.

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails