Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner...mmm I'm FULL!

My son made us a Turkey Pinata! :-)

Phew... that was an awesome Thanksgiving Dinner - I am so full and content! Looking forward  to leftovers tomorrow. Our hosts decided against the standard Turkey (we are a wild bunch, I know) and we had a full on Ham Dinner with all the fixings and it was oh so very yummy! 


As I had posted earlier in the week, I was in charge of dessert. I made a double layer Pumpkin Cheesecake and Gooey Pecan Pie Bars - both were a HUGE hit! I was going out on a limb a bit as I have never made the Pecan Bars before, but they turned out fantastic and not too sweet. I did have to bake them an extra 10 minutes longer than the recipes calls for, but they turned out perfect.

As for the Cheesecake I have made it before, but I also did a new spin on it and covered the top with melted Maple Chips and 24 Karat Gold flecks for an added treat. Such a great addition!





So another Thanksgiving under our belt (literally) - we have so much to be thankful for and feel blessed everyday to be surrounded by such love! 

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! 


Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails