Friday, January 7, 2011

Sweet and Sticky Orange Chicken and some Future Deception


I need to start off by saying that my husband cooked tonight's meal and he did a great job. This was very tasty and although it took my preschooler a while to warm up to it, he ate most of his supper! My little 10 month old found it to be a touch spicy. There was some sweetness to it, but not a lot of sticky, the oranges added a nice burst of flavour. The bright colours make it a very pretty dish. I think this will make it's way to our table again someday. 


On a side note, my friend Jennifer of Chipperfield Photography recently gave me a copy of Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld and I just can't wait to crack it open and start deceiving my son. 
Now I know there are 2 trains of thought on feeding children their veggies. One says to do what you can to get them to eat them and hide them if you have to and the other says that you have to get your child to appreciate veggies for what they look like and what they are or they will never eat them. 
Well, I have spent the last 2 1/2 years doing it the latter way and he started off strong, but now my son shirks almost all veggies. So now I'm on to the sneaky way!
Over the next few weeks I'll be going through the book and posting my thoughts along the way. Cross your fingers that it works!  


-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails