Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Desserts - All prepped and ready to go!

Well I switched up the dessert line up a bit. Christmas Eve we are having Mandarin Cake and Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal Pie which means that we are having 2 Bite Pumpkin Pies and Mini Oreo Cheesecakes for Christmas Dinner. 


I have made them all, but have only had a chance to try one so far... 2 Bite Pumpkin Pie... SO DELICIOUS and so easy! I made an old stand by recipe for pumpkin pie yesterday (without crust) and then made the little "bundles" today. You could use a ready made pumpkin pie and just scoop out the filling and that coupled with the Pillsbury pie crust makes for a Uber fast and easy dessert. Serve it with whipping cream and you're good to go! I strongly suggest this recipe! (I bet it would work well with Apple Pie Filling, or Cherry Pie Filling too - the sky's the limit!)
 


The other dessert I can post about right now is Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal Pie. I haven't tried it yet, but I can tell you a couple things about the making of it. The recipe says not to pierce the crust when you "pre-bake" it I tried that and it puffed up to no end, I tried to gently push it down with a spoon as the recipe says and it flaked and fell apart. So it was back to the drawing board and the second time I did pierce the dough and it turned out fine! I also did not have any Coffee Liquer so I used 2 Tablespoons of cooled, prepared Expresso and 1 Tbs Rum extract - so we will se if that was to the tetriment of the flavour or not... 

I did make my Individual Oreo Cheesecakes, but I have to let them cool prior to adding the finishing touches so I will post about those after the big day as well as my Hot Artichoke Parm Dip. Lastly I made my Mandarin Cake (which has been made numerous times before - so I won't bore you with details because it turned out great as hoped)

So that's it from me until after Christmas when I will review all the missing items and bring you my first meal plan of 2011! have a Very Merry Christmas! And hey, while you are waiting for Santa to arrive why not check out NORAD and see exactly where he is! (As I finish this post he is in Zimbabwe!) Ho Ho Ho!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails