Thursday, December 9, 2010

Black Bean Soup and Quick Cheese and Pepper Bread

Super simplistic yet tasty soup. And very hearty too. I'm not a black bean fanatic so I did feel there was a few too many (if that is possible) but I also realize that this IS Black Bean Soup so that is to be expected. I think next time I make this I will use just shredded cheddar cheese as I found the melted mozza "strings" were a little annoying. You could also make this "veggie friendly" by using vegetable stock instead of the beef broth.


To go with this soup I made a quick cheese bread and it was a super "stress-less" and a nice complimentary bread that didn't take very long to make. In my convection gas oven it took 30 minutes, so by the time it was baked the soup was ready - perfect timing! 
This soup/bread combo will make another appearance in our house for sure - I hope you enjoy it!




-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails