Thursday, November 4, 2010

Roasted Chickpea Snack and BBQ Flavoured Pork Strips

A great healthy and wholesome snack... when you DON'T eat the WHOLE bowl in one sitting! I seriously couldn't stop snacking! These are delicious and have a wonderful crunch. I would suggest one thing, really spice them up. I thought there might be too much spice in the recipe and I found once you roast them, it disappears. So add spice and when you think there's too much, add some more for good measure. 



Supper tonight consisted of BBQ Flavoured Pork Strips and they were not bad. They didn't end up being as crispy as I hoped and the flavour was "meh". As I watched them bake I thought they looked a little dry so I whipped up a batch of my special BBQ sauce - no real recipe, just ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, chili powder, pepper and garlic. It was a nice accompaniment to the pork and picked it up a bit as the meat did turn out a wee bit lacking. It has potential, so give it a try - I think next time I will use Panko crumbs instead of Rice Krispies though. 



Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails