Monday, October 25, 2010

Tuna Noodle Bake, Feet Ghosts and Carrot Coconut Macaroons...phew!


Yet another variation of a tuna bake... this one was more like a fritatta then anything. I'm not a big egg fan so I could give or take it. Both my husband and son love eggs and enjoyed it immensly. I do not use salt often, but it was necessary with this dish, I would even add more than the recipe calls for. Tasty otherwise.



Today my son and I took on this week's craft project - Footprint Ghosts. He had a blast painting his feet and I got him to put the ghost stickers on while we waited for the paint to dry so we could add the googly eyes and mouths. We used sparkly black paper which didn't really show up in the photo, but it makes for a cool "starry night time" effect in person.


And finally... at 6:30 this evening I found out that my son's presence was requested at a Halloween party in the morning and he needs to bring a treat. First thought - cupcakes... turns out they were going to be making them at the party. So I turned to this week's snack - Coconut Carrot Macaroons. They turned out pretty good, not too sweet. (of course I snuck one!) I added orange food colouring to make them more Halloweeny and tossed in some chocolate chips. They are okay in a pinch, but I don't know that I'll make these again. My Coconut Toffee Macaroons are WAY Better, although not as "health conscious".
Go to Recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails