Wednesday, October 27, 2010

$8000 White Truffles, Korean Pork & "Surprise" Devil Food Cupcakes

I was MIA yesterday because my husband and I went to a very special event where we had a 5 course meal based around White Truffles along with wine pairings from the winery of Beni di Batasiolo in the presence of the owner of the winery himself who flewn in from Italy. 
I love delicious food and jump for any opportunity to try new and amazing meals - this was SO DECADENT I cannot even explain. White Truffles from Italy are some of the rarest and most sought after foods in the world and they are worth their weight in gold. The picture following is a plate of White Truffles...

Can you believe this is worth about $8000?

Tonight was my husband's birthday supper at home and he requested a meal that we have had in the past - Korean Style Pork with Asian Slaw it turned out delicious as always. My son even enjoyed this time.



My son and I made Devil Food cupcake's for my husband; Out of the box, but we added a twist. After they baked and cooled I made buttercream icing and coloured it (I let my son choose the colour and he chose purple) I then put it in a piping bag and poked it in the center of the cupcake and filled it with about a teaspoon of the purple icing and then iced the top with white buttercream icing. So it was a surprise to bite in and find the pocket of bright purple icing in the center.



Well that's it for tonight... we'll see you tomorrow for Chicken Parmesan Bundles

I'd love you to join me on Facebook!


Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails