Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baked Polenta with Tomato Sauce and Honey Peanut Butter Cookies


One word came to mind as soon as I took my first bite... Potential. There is nothing wrong with this meal per say, it IS tasty, but it is also lacking. What, I am not too sure. I really like that it is meatless, so I wouldn't add that. But if you look at it straight up, all it is is Polenta, Tomato Sauce and Cheese... Ho Hum. I would add a few more veggies for sure (my usual zucchini and carrot) maybe some spinach? Serve with a crusty loaf to sop up the leftover sauce. I think that would round it out nicely.


I manged to "persuade" my son to help me bake cookies today. I say persuade because he LOVES to bake; it means he gets to lick the spoons. We made Honey Peanut Butter Cookies so unbeknown to him all he licked was honey and peanut butter off the spoon! :) Even though they had no sugar or butter and were made with whole wheat flour and oats, my family GOBBLED them up. If I am going to serve a batch of cookies to my family I feel good serving ones that are "better" for us and so gosh darn tasty to boot! We love them and I will make them again for sure!



Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails