Friday, August 13, 2010

Jamacian Jerk Chicken with Tropical Fruit Salsa


Yes, this was absolutely PERFECT! The aroma in the kitchen while the Chicken was baking was phenomenal! My son gobbled it up too (with BBQ sauce of course) but it is so hard to get him to eat meat, so I was fine with the Chicken being drowned in sauce.  The Tropical Fruit Salsa was a perfect compliment to the meat and the Basmati Rice. I didn't have any red peppers, so the colour is a little lacking, but it tasted terrific even without them. 
I recommend this meal to anyone, definitely worth all the work.



So today my son asked to bake cookies, so I said "Sure!" but then half way through me gathering the ingredients, he said that he didn't want any, but just wanted to eat the chocolate chips on their own... well can't have that so I put everything away. But it put me in the mood to bake so I thought I'd whip up a batch of Coconut Macaroons, well halfway through mixing the ingredients, I found that I didn't have enough Coconut! So I subbed in a bag of Skor Toffee Bits and crossed my fingers... HOLY COW they are AMAZING!! So here is my recipe: 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining What's Cooking Wednesday!!

    I haven't cooked jerked chicken in a long time, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails