Monday, September 6, 2010

Quinoa Salad and Caramel Apple Bars

Well it's been a couple days because i haven't had to cook for a while. My MIL cooked Cabbage Rolls on Saturday and Turkey Dinner on Sunday, so we have been spoiled. Tonight it was back to it and Man alive did I pick a good one!! 

I saw this recipe and thought it looked interesting because it truly has everything in it and it turned out to be one of my new fave salads of ALL time. This Quinoa salad would be PERFECT for a pot luck or for any gathering or BBQ as you can make it up to 3 days in advance. The blend of sweet and savory is impeccable and it is so colourful and pretty to boot. PLEASE try this salad!!!


I also had a little bit of time to try a friend's recommendation of an easy Apple Bar: Easy Apple Caramel Bars They were a snap to make and turned out perfect. With a dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream, they made a perfect light dessert. Thanks Caryn for the recipe, it was awesome. 

This time of year is SO great for baking and I must admit I just LOVE it and all the crispness in the air and wearing chunky sweaters while drinking hot apple cider and baking with aromatic spices like nutmeg and cinnamon and making ANYTHING out of a pumpkin. I love to experiment, so if you have a fave Autumn recipe, please send it my way and I'd love to try it!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the apple bars. Yours look so much prettier than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering what to do with our bag of quinoa, now how do I find the recipe??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the recipe:
    http://mealplan-itrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/09/quinoa-salad.html
    I hope you like it, we really enjoyed it.
    You can also check out
    http://www.suite101.com/reference/quinoa_recipes
    and see if any other recipes catch your eye for that bag of quinoa you have! :-)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails