Friday, August 20, 2010

Meatloaf

Well, I went and forgot to take a photo! With the chaos of the boys and Grandma coming over, I just forgot - good thing we all know what meatloaf looks like.

Like hamburgers, I do not usually follow a recipe for meatloaf, I usually add egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, feta cheese, and spices. Sometimes I mix it up and add other types of cheeses, or crushed up crackers. I always make my sauce from scratch; just like my Mama. 3 parts ketchup, 1 part molasses, a "punch" of brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, dried rosemary, and pepper. Mix it all together and give it a taste - tweak as needed.
Tonight's meal with the baby potatoes and creamed corn went over well and Grandma took home the leftovers (that's a good sign!) This is a staple "feel good" meal in our home ~ so you will see this again and maybe next time you will REALLY see it! :-)


Meal Plan ~ Week 34 - 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails