Monday, July 26, 2010

New Kid on the Block

Here I am! A Mom who loves to cook, bake and plan meals, and the blogger amateur of the century getting ready to start up her own. I hope that you can bear with me while I get my thoughts organized and together and get things rolling on this brain child of mine. 

I LOVE to meal plan and I LOVE to organize my families food and make as many different, fun, fast, realistic family foods that everyone enjoys as I can. Some make the cut, some don't. Up until now I have been jotting down notes in my numerous recipe books, writing it on my meal plans, typing it in a spread sheet and in a worst case scenario - putting it on a random piece of paper and sticking it in my over filled binder of random food related notes. 

My hope for this blog is to post weekly meal plans along with the recipes and every time my family enjoys (or doesn't) one of the meals, I hope to post a photo and our review of the meal. Once things get rolling. I hope to also post up random food and organizing related ideas so this way all my knowledge will be in one handy spot, rather than in the junk drawer or my head. I plan on having links to some of my most cherished recipe and coupon websites as well as weekly inspirational quotes that jump out at me at the time to help us all just enjoy this crazy ride. 

So I guess what I am saying is that there may not be much to see right now, but please check back often to see just how big this is going to get! Feel free to drop me a comment at anytime with your thoughts or ideas... I think it is great if we can help each other get the food to the table with a smile in our heart! 

Cooking is like love.  It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.  ~Harriet van Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails