Monday, September 13, 2010

Meal Plan Week 38 - 2010 and Week 37 Review

For other great Meal Plans and Organization Advise, visit Organizing Junkie


So first week of the new "format" so here is the Menu that I will be working on this week followed by some notes from last week's meals. Because I started this format halfway through the week, there is only notes on the latter half of week 37.

I hope that my Menu's have given you some inspiration - and if not - feel free to pass on some ideas - I LOVE to experiment.  Happy cooking!


Meal Plan week 38

                    Cabbage and Carrot Stirfry with Lime and Cumin

Tuesday ~ Breakfast for Supper (Pancakes, Bacon, Scrambled Eggs and Hashbrowns)



Friday ~ Mom out - family gets choice from leftovers

Saturday ~  Chili served with Canadian Style Corn Fritters

Sunday ~ Cajun Spiced Chicken with Tzatziki Sauce Lemon Baby Potatoes and Tossed Salad
____________________________________________


Week 37 "In Review" 

Thursday we had Spaghetti and Caesar salad - No recipe, I treated the family to homemade meatballs! mmm! The only note here on my sauce is I finely grate 1 carrot and 1/2 zucchini into the sauce as it simmers to ensure veggie intake for my son. It adds a sweetness to the sauce and helps to thicken it. Honestly I will be doing this long after I need to. 




Friday we ended up have Chicken Burgers, and Sweet Potato Fries - again no recipe, just out of the box.

Saturday we had Korean Pork with Asian Slaw - this meal has been a staple of our household for about a year now and this was actually my husband's request for the week. SO delicious!! 






Sunday we went to a friend's house for another Spaghetti Dinner, I could LIVE on this stuff! :-) 
I was in charge of bringing a dessert and opted for a traditional, seasonal Apple Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce which was a huge hit - both batches were devoured! And to top it off my house was filled with the lovely aroma of apples and spices. This is now a new autumn classic in our home.  
“In the childhood memories of every good cook, there’s a large kitchen, a warm stove, a simmering pot, and a mom.” - Barbara Costikyan

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails